Website Developed By CatapultK12™
Copyright © 2013 Paradise Unified School District and its licensors. All rights reserved
Heart & Sole IS MORE THAN A RUNNING PROGRAM
Like Girls on the Run, Heart & Sole provides girls in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades with skills to successfully navigate the junior high and high school years, empowering them to lead happy and enriching lives.
The Heart & Sole curriculum was developed to meet the unique needs of middle school girls by focusing on the whole girl. The curriculum is designed with themes girls can relate to and helps build the life skills they need. Heart & Sole is accessible to all girls regardless of athletic or fitness level and considers the age range and varied experiences of middle schoolers.
Heart & Sole is a 10-week program for teams of 8-15 girls so girls have an opportunity to build relationships with their coaches and with one another. This team size also allows for more processing time, which is developmentally important for this group.
Spring 2016 Program Details
- Week of Feb 15-Week of May 2, 2016
- Days/Times: On Campus right after school-Days to be determined
- End of the season race: The Girls on the Run 5k, Saturday, April 30-Durham High School
- Registration Fee is $120 Scholarships are available $50-families who qualify for reduced lunch program $20-families who qualify for free lunch program
- Team is limited to 15 girls - First Come - First Serve
- Paper Registration Forms can be found in the School Office and can be turned in to the office with payment up until Wed. Feb 10th or until the team is full, whichever comes first.